Friday, May 22, 2009

Super Powers!


I was taking a Facebook quiz the other day (I know, I know. . .) and the question asked me what super power I would really like to have.
Would I like to be able to fly? Well, that would be a nice way to get places fast. Oooh! Especially for long distances. How fun to never have to go through airport security again, especially with kids!

Would I like x-ray vision? As a mom, that would be nice to be able to check in on my kids no matter what room they were in. That might be a nice super power.

Would I like the power to control the weather? That would be awesome. But the people around me would probably be miserable! I like things a little toasty and do not mind the humidity. I think that there would be a major mutiny after 87 degree days and high humidity.

All these things would be nice, but after thinking about it for weeks (truly, for weeks!) I have figured it out. I would like to power to control and stop time.

Now, you are probably thinking that I would like to stop time for some sappy reason like my kids are getting so big so fast and I just want to savor these days when they are so little and so cute. Yep, that would be a good answer from a good Mom. But not mine.

I want to stop time and have people freeze so that I can clean my house without it being immediately messed up right behind me. I would freeze time and clean and clean and clean and clean and just revel in it for awhile. It'd be great.

Maybe I should just ask for the super power that would allow me to have a room clean just by thinking about it. That way I would truly never have to actually even clean. Oh! Even better! Okay, I want that one.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Wow! that really would be a great super power! I'll go for that too!

The GruCru said...

you could be like Mary Poppins and just snap your fingers

LeeAnn said...

Yup, sign me up for that one too. Can I also have Elasta Girl's powers?

Sylvia said...

That's why I like to clean at night...a solid 8-10 hours of clean...sure I'm sleeping but nothing is better than waking to a clean house.

Kiersten said...

Me too!! And I'm with LeeAnn, I'd love to have Elastagirls powers.