Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stuck On One



Awhile ago I bought a book entitled "15 Secrets To A Happy Home" by Janene Wolsey Baadsgaard. I've read most of it and decided to reread it and really focus on the steps. In fact, I decided to take it a little further and not read another chapter until I had completed a whole week living a step.

Step One was about "Replacing Thoughts" and generally having positive thoughts about yourself. Instead of thinking "I can't do that" think "I am smart enough; I can do that." I also thought that I would try to not have negative thoughts about other people.

I am stuck on stupid Step One. Well, there I go again.

What to do? Just focus on having positive thoughts about myself? Or try to not SAY anything negative but realize that sometime thoughts creep in? I am never going to get past this step. See, I did it again. Argh!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

It's an admirable but unreachable aspiration I fear...perhaps just having less negative thoughts would be more realistic. Good luck :)

Lisa said...

Hi Alecia, I can sympathize. I've been very stuck on negative thoughts lately. I'm not good enough, I'm not smart enough, I'm not skinny enough, etc etc. I liked this entry from Pioneer Woman's friend Pastor Ryan: http://www.thisisreverb.com/2009/05/matrix.html

Jana said...

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
This post made me think of Stuart Smalley. Or maybe another one from Waterboy - "You can do it!"

Stephanie said...

Sorry, I'm not helping you with this at all, am I?