Monday, May 11, 2009

A Fabulous Day!

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and it was a fabulous one. I heard on the radio a few days ago that the present Mom's wanted most on Mother's Day was time away from being a Mom! I understand that sentiment as when we were in Hershey at the Spa I tried to forget my kids' names. But today I spent the whole day with my family and had a great day!

The day started with Emma telling me at 6:45 to stay in bed. "DO NOT come downstairs." Yep, no problem there.

But then she came back (too quickly!) to tell me to come downstairs. Downstairs I found some lotion (surprise!) cards, flowers and my new present that I will spend more time with as soon as I get it away from Garry -- my IPOD NANO. Too much fun uploading some of my favorite songs. I went through my cd collection, and wow, I went through an angry female stage in most of the 90's. I spent awhile uploading songs and have still only used 1 percent of my memory on my fabulous gizmo. Too much fun! When I started going to the gym after I had Macey, I was surprised at how many people were wearing little heart monitors on their arms. It took me awhile to figure out that they were IPODs. Now I finally join their ranks!

Church was nice. I missed the girls singing in Sacrament Meeting because I was behind them playing the piano, but I am sure if I saw it, it would have been lovely.

Then for dinner Garry made all of my favorites! Cornish hen! Green Bean Casserole! Mashed Potatoes! Dr. Pepper! It was really nice.

After dinner we took the girls' bikes to the Indian Head Rail Trail. Garry really liked it.

A wonderful day!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Sounds awesome...mine was much more low key than usual, but still great.
My Ipod also contains some questionable songs by equally questionable singers/bands...angry music is great to workout to.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

didn't we all go through an angy chick music phase in the early 90's?

Garry said...

Why were women so angry in the early to mid 90s? Explains a lot.

LeeAnn said...

Aren't we still angry??? Oh wait, maybe that's just me.