Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lulled Into A Lie

Quite unknowingly, over the last eight years or so I have been lulled into a lie.

I blame HGTV. Over the years as I have watched its programming and other similar shows on other channels I have convinced myself that home improvements were easy! Anyone could do them! And they could be inexpensive, too!

Lies! Lies! All Lies!

It's not easy. Not everyone can do it. And it's not inexpensive unless you are Martha Stewart. Even paint can get a little pricey.

I have learned my lesson. Much to Garry's grief. And the scarring of not one but two bathrooms. Poor things.

2 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Amen, sister.

LeeAnn said...

Double Amen! I've been living with a half done self inproved home for alomost 10 years now! Not only does it take money, it take TIME!