Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lovey

When Macey was just a little, little one, Garry and I noticed that she slept a lot better if she slept with a blanket that my freshman roommate, Lisa, made for her. This blanket was named Lovey and accompanied us everywhere to ensure Macey's comfort and happiness. They were inseparable for over three years.

This week Macey told me that she no longer wanted Lovey. "Emma doesn't have a lovey," she said. In other words, it was not a 'big girl' thing to have around. Then she walked over and handed it to Molly.
It's the end of an era.

6 comments:

cemarcano said...

Lily has a blanket just like that one. I made it for her when she was born. Unfortunately she has taken to the one the Methodist Hospital Clergy gave her when she was 1 day old. Perhaps it was the blessing they said over it? Or the simple fact that she prefers cotton over fleece? I often have to remind Lily that her "Meagken" (a name that stuck back when she couldn't exactly prounounce "blanket") doesn't come into the store or attend meals or play in the sandbox. It's going to be hard to part with Meagkan.

Unknown said...

So sweet! I still haven't come up with a way to sepaate Anna from her blankie!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

no! did you cry? I hate when they grow up

Jana said...

I think I would be shedding tears. What a big decision for her.

Stephanie said...

She so big. How awesome she gave the blanket to Molly!

Cunningham Blog said...

I did not cry, but I do keep trying to give it back to her. It's on her bed right now. And, ummm.... I'm the one that put it there.