Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Good Heart


Macey is my little stinker. She throws a lot of fits and likes to do things her way on her time schedule. So sometimes it's good to remind myself that she has a beautiful soul.

She truly has a good heart. When we were at soccer I saw a little boy who was wearing a device around his head, I assume due to a developmental disability. Macey walked up to the little boy and I was worried. Would she ask a rude question? "Why are you wearing that?" "What's that?" or say something rude like "You look funny!" But instead, my little stinker walked up to him and said, "I like your shirt." She's a good egg.

When we were at Kings Dominion Macey and I were waiting for Garry and Emma to get off of the Scooby Doo Roller Coaster. On our bench was an older woman. I barely looked at her. She was older in a big old hat and was someone I would never really talk to because I would think that we had nothing in common. But Macey scooted over to her and said, "I like your hat!" and scooted back. What a good kid.

5 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

what a great kid!

LeeAnn said...

What a simple lesson to teach us all that we can always find at least one things that we like about a person!

Amber + Jonathan said...

Oh what a sweet♥

Grammy T said...

That's my girl! :)

Stephanie said...

I love our Miss Macey. She's always excited to see me and I almost always get a hug. She also loves to tell me all the good things that are going on in her life. In addition, I like how she says my name. Macey rocks!