Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Love

On Sunday night Garry and I were watching a conference talk given by Elder Robert Hales. The title of the talk is Becoming Provident Providers Temporally and Spiritually.

The talk discusses the addiction of spending above our means, especially in an effort to keep up with the neighbors. This was a good talk for me to hear, because I definitely fight jealousy often. I want the house where my kids can run and play but space of my own (no toys allowed!) and a huge backyard and a tree swing for Emma. . . But I need to be more grateful that we have a mortgage that we can afford.

At one point in the talk, Elder Hales states that: "I have learned that the three most loving words are “I love you,” and the four most caring words for those we love are 'We can’t afford it.'"

If that is true, Garry cares for me A LOT.

It's a good talk to review again and again, especially before shopping trips!

http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-2,00.html

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I must be the most loved person in the world especially recently.