Sunday, November 2, 2008

What, Me? Worry?

I come from a family of worriers. My Mom works herself into a worry-funk at times and my Dad, when worried or stressed, paces. He's a pacer. So considering my gene pool, it's no wonder that lately I have been worrying about things. And hitting the treadmill. Some things you cannot fight. So here's what tops my list lately:

My Uterus: So how much time do YOU spend worrying about your uterus? Here's the deal. I have c-sections because while I can have contractions quite efficiently, they do not do anything besides cause me great pain. So, I have been generally told that I can have four c-sections. Four kids. And there's something about being told my limit that makes me want to take it on. Who knows how many kids Garry & I would have decided to have without this imposed limit. But even those four are based upon whether or not my uterus heals well and does not leave a lot of scar tissue. So, when the doctor goes in in a few weeks, he'll tell me if I can have that #4. So many of my really close friends cannot get pregnant and I'm grateful to have my girls. But still, I worry. . . Am I done at three?

My Girls: Wow, I am in a really good place right now. My girls are a joy, and I have fun with them. I love that I can take them to the bookstore or out to get a hot cocoa at Starbucks. It's a really good place to be. I know that the baby will bring change and a lot of joy, but I worry that I am throwing a wrench into domestic bliss. A silly thing to worry about, but still, I worry. . .

Football: I really think that the Redskins are in for a big beating tomorrow night. And it's sad when you can see it coming toward you, and all you can do is worry about just how bad of a beating is it going to be?

Names: Garry and I can never agree on names before the baby arrives. This time has not been any different. Though I am pretty sold on two names, he's still holding out for a different name. The name of a male actor, by the way. Who just got out of rehab. No, not David. So I worry, is he waiting for me to get that morphine shot after the c-section to fill out the birth certificate? Sure, honey, I love that name. . . look at all the pretty colors. . .

So what are you worried about today?

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I am a big worrier myself so I can total relate.
But the Redskins? Ugh...that is just a waste of perfectly good worry energy.
Now I'm worried about you.

LeeAnn said...

Ah come on Alicia....Don't Worry, Be Happy!! If I knew how to send you the song I would!!