Saturday, November 15, 2008

No Pain, No Gain


A few months ago I came up with a brilliant idea to really leave things until the last minute before Baby Girl Cunningham came. About two weeks before I delivered, I would make sure that the crib was up, the bassinett was up, the swing was up -- all the fun stuff a newborn requires. I did have a reason for this stupid idea -- I just wanted to not stress out Emma and Macey until I really had to not really knowing how excited they would be about everything baby.


One of the things I put off was making her baby blanket. Today I decided that it was time to cross that off of the list. It took about five hours and sitting in front of the sewing machine for that amount of time was probably not the best idea that I have had -- it seems that I've been making a lot of bad decisions lately! But hey, it's done. And it's pretty.


3 comments:

Sylvia said...

It looks great...nice job :)
I can't even sew a button on a shirt so I am truly impressed.

Unknown said...

It looks so good...I think you are back in the running for mother of the year!

Tina said...

I love homemade "baby blankets." I agree with Kiersten, it puts you in the running again!