Thursday, October 9, 2008

May I Suggest. . .

Almost every morning, Emma will wake up about an hour or so before Macey. So we hang out and watch Playhouse Disney, waiting for Miss Macey to join us. Usually around the time that Mickey Mouse comes on.

The other day, we were watching the "Happy Monster Band" which is a five-minute segment that Playhouse Disney plays during shows. They had a song about expressing feelings. Something about how it is okay to cry.

Now, I do not know what preschoolers the Disney people hang around with, but my personal experience has taught me that preschoolers do not have a problem expressing feelings. So may I suggest another song entitled "You Don't Have To Cry Over Every Little Thing". It should go something like this:

Yes, your sister got the blue plate and you got the pink one,
But you don't have to cry over every little thing.

Your sister got to pick the video and you have to wait,
But you don't have to cry over every little thing.

Yes, your chocolate milk is lukewarm instead of perfectly hot,
But you don't have to cry over every little thing.

The lady at the bank gave you a blue sucker instead of a green one,
But you don't have to cry over every little thing.

Chorus:

I know that life can be so unfair.
But yes, you still have to brush your hair.
So won't you join with me and sing
You don't have to cry over every little thing.

Alright, Playhouse Disney, I give you permission to set it to music.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it... that song would be good for my little ones too :)

Tina said...

very catchy! and perfect.

Sylvia said...

Wait...a song about not crying? That is perfect for me :) A few people could benefit from this song!

Stephanie said...

That's awesome. So true, so true.