Thursday, October 23, 2008

Confessions. . .

What sounds do you find soothing? Maybe the sound of the ocean as the waves come in? Or maybe the sound of a fabulous orchestra or even birds singing on a Spring Day? Any of those? Yeah, not me either.

I have two soothing sounds, and I acknowledge that they are weird.

I love the sound of a blow dryer. I find it very soothing. I associate it with being comfy and warm and when I am in the bathroom with my blow dryer, I cannot hear my daughters fighting. It's very soooooothing.

My second favorite sound? Well, this one is an addiction. I love vacuum cleaners. For my kitchen, I love my Swiffer Sweeper with Vac. I've gone through two of them in two years. It really changed my life. Love it, love it. And my kids can use it, so they like it too. For my carpets, well, I think that we have a Eureka right now. I love dumping it out and seeing all the dirt that used to be on my floors now tidily placed in the garbage. For deep cleaning, I have a Hoover Steam Vac. It's a life saver for the piano room. And have I mentioned that when they are running I cannot hear my kids scream at each other. Bliss. Pure bliss. For a few minutes, all is peaceful in the world.

If my mop would only make a VRRRRR VRRRRRR VRRRRR sound, all of my floors would be clean.

So keep your waves and your birds and your string sections. I have my blow dryer.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

I do love the sound of the vacuum as well :)
Followed closely by the lawn mower...perhaps because it's the few fleeting moments where I can't hear anything else and that on some days is heaven.