Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bizarro World

Fans of Seinfeld (that's you, Jana!) will recognize the term "Bizarro World". It's a world or state where everything is backward. I guess the term first came out in a Superman comic and re-popularized by Seinfeld. The term has a few Wikipedia entries.

Today, I entered my Bizarro World.

Afer church, the girls and I went next door to the little girl's 2nd birthday party. Their townhouse is the exact opposite of ours. Their kitchen faces north, ours faces south, we have wood floors in our kitchen, they have tile. You get the point.

And since they have just one little two year old, they are able to hide, quite successfully, that a kid lives there. Everything was so clean! And bright! And clean! And all of her toys in the living room fit in this little section behind the couch.

I have to admit, Sunday or not, I came home from Bizarro world and cleaned my kitchen. I shook my head in shame at the Barbie dolls on the floor and the coloring books, well, pretty much everywhere.

I love, love my girls. But I have to admit, it was nice to visit Bizarro World.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love that you referenced Seinfeld...that's my favorite :)
Bizarro world is fun to visit but would you really want to live there? A house with no chaos is not fun!

Tina said...

You are an awesome mom to allow the kids toys to be everywhere! I know I was too concerned about clutter when my kids were growing up. It's more of an obsession than good parenting . . . just my 2 cents!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Alicia!. That's a fun episode. I live by this quote by Phyllis Diller -- Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.
This is not to say that I don't clean, but if there is a stray toy it's okay as long as it's not on the stairs!
By the way, it wouldn't be bizzaro world unless your neighbors names are Larry, Leticia and Emily. :)