Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The MANY Adventures of Emma

It's only Wednesday and already Emma has had a very busy week.

NOT MY DAD: First, we had Monday. As Emma, a Daddy's Girl, faced another week without her Dad, she tried to communicate with me how she felt about that. We were getting in the Jeep when she told me, "Mom, I like you." I like you, too, I answered. Before I could close the door, she added the dreaded BUT. "But I miss Dad." This girl is going to be a heartbreaker when she gets older. She already has the "You're great, but I am looking for something else. . ." speech down.

NO BREAKFAST!: The girls bunkbeds were completely functional on Sunday, and Emma would not sleep in her new bed. She's a restless sleeper, and so I can see how being on the top bunk would be intimidating. For the first few nights she slept on my floor and would eventually sneak into my bed when I was asleep. But last night I put my foot down. She had to try to sleep in her new bed! She was not sleeping in my room again, I announced. "Alright," she answered, "but if you're not nice to me, I'm not going to eat breakfast!"

SCISSORS: So those toilet bowl cleaners come in packages impossible to open. They require scissors! So when putting new bowl cleaners into the girls toilet bowl, I accidentally left the scissors on the counter. And the next time that Emma went to the bathroom, she accidentally cut her hair. Lots of hair. She came downstairs, and I gasped, "Emma! What did you do? Where's your hair?" "In the trash can," she calmly answered. Well, at least she was tidy about it.

2 comments:

Tina said...

She's a cutie!

Unknown said...

I love it! I love that she is threatening you by not eating her breakfast.