Friday, September 26, 2008

I Have Some Things To Say

My thyroid levels have been raised to really high levels in order to provide enough thyroid hormone for me and the growing (and GROWING) baby since I do not have a thyroid. The increased levels make my thoughts ramble. . .so here are some things I have to say.

HAPPY DANCE, CONTINUED: I love, love, love my new backpack purse. I am telling you, if you have more than one kid and need your hands free, it is fabulous! Happy Dance.

ARE WE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION?: Emma's birthday is a week from Saturday and she is ready. Everything she sees in the store, she asks if she can have it for her birthday. Including the grocey store. The other day she picked out some raspberries and asked if she could have them for her birthday. But yesterday was the worst. We were listening to her favorite song "Pocket Full of Sunshine" (I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine. . .) and she asked if she could have a pocket full of sunshine for her birthday. What do you say to that? We had a ten minute conversation about all the reasons why she could not have a pocket full of sunshine for her birthday, and finally, frustrated with my answers, she said that she would ask her cousin for a pocket full of sunshine. Fine, knock yourself out.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Alright, I am a long-time Republican. I've worked for the state party, a congressman and two senators. I have Republican credentials. But I am ready to see Bush exit stage left. Or right. Just exit. I saw his press conference this morning where he just stuttered through a simple explanation, and I thought after eight years of this, shouldn't he be somewhat good at this by now?? I'm not an Obama fan by any means, but there is something to say about a polished speaker. It at least gives the appearance that they know what they are talking about. And that would be a nice change.

FAMILY BATHROOMS: I took the girls to the mall today, and Emma had to use the restroom. So we used the family restroom. It is a large room with a changing table, two sinks, and two toilets. It's perfect for our family. And apparently someone else's. This lady tried the door, knocked, and then knocked again to make sure I knew that she was waiting to use said restroom. Now with so many other options in the mall, I was a little annoyed that someone was knocking the door down. I prefer not to be rushed in that situation. So you better believe the girls and I did a FABULOUS job washing our hands before we left the bathroom. Very thorough. And very slllloooowwww.

GARRY: He's back from his training for the weekend. Hurray! I am not on duty for a few days. I always get sad when I am brushing my teeth and see my lone toothbrush in the holder. For some reason, it just emphasizes the fact that I am alone.

Alright, I think that's it. For now.

No comments: