Monday, September 14, 2009

Hoo-ray Luray!

When we went to the Jack Diamond Morning Show a few weeks ago, Stephanie and I won tickets to Luray Caverns. They are located a little under two hours from our house over by the beautiful Shenandoah Mountains.
The caverns reminded me of the Timpanogus Caves in Utah County, but they are not that similar. If you visit the Timp caves, you have to hike up and up and up the mountain. And it is a HIKE! To enter the Luray Caverns, you walk through the parking lot, in the building where you buy tickets and then go down the stairs. I saw the entry way, sans the hike, and thought, really? This is it? I could get used to this!

But it's beautiful inside and they have headsets so you can go on your individual tour. I loved the headsets.
After we finished the tour, we walked back up the stairs and back into the parking lot. Then we went to see the car show. They have EVERYTHING there -- from the first Model T to the first Rolls Royce. So nice.

Against my better judgment, we then went to the maze. I thought that this was a bad idea as we have problems keeping track of all seven kids (Rory & Molly were in strollers) without entering a maze. But, it was a lot of fun and much harder than I expected! And we did not lose anyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great place to go, and even better that you won tickets :)