Thursday, September 10, 2009

The County Champ


On Neighborhood Night Out I encouraged Emma to color a picture to keep her entertained before the Hula Hoop contest. I filled out the contact information, left it on the table, and I did not think much of it afterward.

But last week we got a phone call saying that she had won for her age group! There were hundreds of entries, and the County picked out 18 winners. In October she gets to go to a reception, meet the County Sheriff, and she will get a prize.

Last night when we attended School Orientation at Diggs Elementary Emma showed us a bunny that she had colored that day. It was a simple bunny, but I saw hers and compared it to the others around it. She stayed in the lines and was consistent in her stroke. And I thought to myself, "Yep, that's why she's the county champ!"