Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Man, I'm Old

Two things happened today to make me realize how old I am getting.

First, I heard on the news that Madonna's oldest daughter is 12. Madonna almost has a teenager. This was shocking to me. It made me do the math, and I realized that if I went back to the first grade right after graduating from college I would be starting college again this fall.

Second, while I was sleeping I tweeked my ankle. I really tweeked it. I do okay walking on it, but the stairs hurt, and I am surrounded by stairs. The sad thing is I did this IN MY SLEEP. How old am I when I hurt myself just sleeping? This is almost as bad -- but not quite -- as a friend who threw out his back putting on his underwear. He's old too.

6 comments:

Amber + Jonathan said...

Haha who's the "friend"?

Heidi Totten said...

Yeah, I figured out that the kids who are Freshmen at the Y this year were born the year I was a Freshman at the Y. That's old.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

There are missionaries that were born in the 90's.

I too am amzed that I fell just as sore after a good night sleep as I used to feel after vigorous excercise.

Sylvia said...

Ohhh Alicia...old people aren't up at 2am rocking out to Guitar Hero :)

LeeAnn said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! You crack me up! Old!?!? Get real! (And I bet Garry kicked you while you were sleeping and that is why your ankle hurts)

cemarcano said...

I'm feeling old too. Too old to be thinking about how to squeeze in one more kid before it's too late to try and yet give myself space for sanity.