Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Matter of Perspective

Yesterday I decided that just because Garry was still in Mexico did not mean that the girls and I had to be hermits. So, we ventured out! I took Garry's credit card all three girls to a sit-down restaurant. Woo hoo! Granted, Molly was still asleep, but I felt pretty adventuresome.

Afterward we went to Target to pick up a few things. While we were there I heard a lady screaming at her 18 - 24 month old son. Her husband was standing behind her. Apparently the son was running crazily through the store and she had had enough.

I was confused. She just had one little kid AND she had her husband there to back her up. I was outnumbered three to one and taking care of that one little boy seemed like a vacation.

It's all a matter of perspective. Will the day come when I am faced with teenagers that I will laugh at the "drama" I had with my toddlers? One day will I look back at this as the real vacation?

2 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

A sit down restaurant? Wow that's adventuresome. I still wouldn't do that. Bothe Eddie and Riley were horrible-they just didn'f find eating that interesting.

Tina said...

I will say that I don't look back and see little kids as a vacation. I was a basket case then . . . screamy, impatient, quite a mess actually. Even though my big kids put me through some heart stopping things, I don't have to check my temper ever 5 minutes!!! I watch you young mothers today and am amazed at how wonderful you all seem to be. I was awful, and will admit to it!! I wouldn't trade you places!

Every stage brings a different kind of challenge . . . .