Sunday, March 8, 2009

Out! Woo Hoo!

I'll have to type this blog superfast. I can hear Molly cooing and where there is cooing there is soon to be crying. And where there is crying there is soon to be screaming. It can all spiral down so quickly.

Yesterday the Cunninghams took advantage of the 70 degree weather and hit the outdoors! Woo Hoo! We drove to Great Falls, Maryland. This is a spot right on the Virginia/Maryland border. On the Virginia side it is very built up and there is a lot to see and read regarding the history of the Potomac and specifically commerce on the Potomac.

On the Maryland side you have access to the great C&O trail. It's a great trail open to hikers, bikers & dogs. We used to take Quincy when he was a puppy, and this was the first time we had taken the girls.

Macey and Emma were so excited to be outside. Everything was a wonder. Look! A Rock! Look! A Stick! The hike to the waterfall at Great Falls took awhile because we had to stop every 20 feet for the girls to climb a big rock or throw a stick in the water.

Great Falls is a very wealthy suburb. Very wealthy. It was odd to be somewhere where I got more compliments on my dog than I did my girls. One lady on the trail had a Baby Bjorn for her dog. People are interesting.

3 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I'm picturing your dog in a baby bjorn

Unknown said...

Does this mean I have to have a dog to go there? Kidding, I'll just put Isaac back in his Scooby Doo outfit :)
Sounds like a neat place.

Browne Towne said...

Gives new meaning to "walking" your dog, right??!!??