Sunday, March 22, 2009

Common Luxuries

I have been thinking about common luxuries in my life. Things that we did not use growing up but I have become so accustomed to now they are almost necessities.

DRYER SHEETS: We did not use the dryer much when I was young. My Mom would go through the extra work of hanging the laundry outside. There is nothing quite like the neighbors being able to see your undies that make those awkward years that much more awkward. We use our dryer and our dryer sheets. I usually just use whatever is cheapest but love it when Garry does the shopping because he usually buys the good stuff. We're using Bounce now. We smell nice.

BUTTER SPRAY: Growing up, we'd just butter the pan by, well, spreading butter on the pan. Now we use butter spray. Garry bought some yesterday with a childproof cap. How sophisticated is that?

MCDONALDS: My sister has a favorite diary entry about a trip to McDonalds. Apparently my Mom told her not to get used to it -- it was a special occasion. My kids do not consider McDonalds to be a special occasion. They consider it to be lunch. And sometimes dinner. And sometimes breakfast.

FRUIT SNACKS & GRANOLA BARS: Is there anything better than being able to give a cranky, tired child a fruit snack or a granola bar? Yep, that's a necessity now.

So what are your common luxuries?

4 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

thought provoking bog-I may have to add my list, but not now-I'm tired

Nina said...

Dishwasher, air conditioning (central air and in the car, drive thru car washes and oil changes, cell phones and internet!! I love my common luxuries!!

Sylvia said...

I'd have to say the internet, I-pods, cell phones, debit cards and ice cream with pretzels in it.

LeeAnn said...

hmmm.....internet, cell phone, satellite tv, Schwans microwave pizzas,air conditioning, my Select Comfort bed....the list coupld go on and on.....