Thursday, January 1, 2009

Lost It On Day One

It's January 1st, and I think that Garry & I already lost the "Parents of the Year" award. Well, here's hoping for a better 2010.

I think that we lost it when the girls had Rice Krispie treats for breakfast.

But, the more that I think about it, the more that I think that it might be alright. Are Rice Krispie treats not made from a breakfast cereal? And, okay, the marshmellows, well, if I made my children hot chocolate and gave them marshmellows on top, would that not make me a fabulous mother instead of a bad one?

To even things out, they did have to eat a yogurt, too. But it was a Kung Fu Panda yogurt. Yeah, 2010 is looking like our only hop right now.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Oh Alicia...seriously who hasn't done this?
Rice Krispies.... cereal...good
Butter....dairy group...good
Marshmallows...unknown food group
2 out of 3 isn't bad...stop being so hard on yourself.

Margaret said...

When Maggie was two and kinda melting down at church, I mentioned apologetically to someone standing by that it was probably the Kool-Aid and sugar cereal (not mixed together) she had for breakfast. Guess we were out of milk that day. Better to feed them something than not at all, right?