Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's All About Timing

Recently Garry and I were having a very involved conversation regarding Macey's potty training. Things were not going well, and we were discussing all options.

During this discussion, Emma walked into the room with her Doodle Pro. She had obviously drawn a picture that she wanted to show me, but I was deep in the throws of potty-training hell.

Emma tried to show me the picture once, twice, and finally I said, "Emma! Just a minute!"

"But Mom," she answered, "I drew a picture of us with Jesus."

Oh, dear. Did I just yell at the Jesus artist?

3 comments:

cemarcano said...

Honestly I'm not sure why you're trying to potty train with such a young baby in arms. That's STRESSFUL. I couldn't handle it even though Lily was ready - I decided I wasn't. So if you're up for it - you've got my empathy!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

doesn't being yelled at build character?

Jana said...

I have had those moments, too. I will be busy doing something and just can't step away and Billy will say but I just want to give you a hug. That's when I feel like the loser mom, but he gets over it and I get hug. :)