Sunday, December 28, 2008

Through An Adult's Eyes

My parents came out this December to meet Molly, help with the girls, and celebrate Christmas. My Mom was here for three weeks, and my Dad came out for the week before Christmas. We had a great time and tried to keep busy, and I learned something along the way. . .

My whole life I have felt sorry for my Dad because my Mom is a little bit of a yeller. And she exaggerates at times. And growing up, I really thought that my Mom was constantly picking on my nice, innocent Dad who just wanted some peace.

But this month I had the chance to view them on my turf as an adult. And I realized that my Dad is a needler.

He needles. Knowing the reaction that he is going to get, he travels down that road anyway. Willingly. And he laughs along the journey.

Who knew?!?!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Men are such gluttons for punishment aren't they?