Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Griswold Problem

I have a Griswold problem. Remember the movie Christmas Vacation when his wife explains to him that he over-hypes every holiday and then is disappointed by the result? Yep. That's me.

It was supposed to be so easy. I would have a lovely newborn right around the holidays and relatives would come from near and far to ooohh and aaaahh at her and we would sit around the roaring fire eating chocolates and cookies and drinking cocoa. And we'd sing carols around the piano and it'd be deemed the best Christmas ever.

I have not quite experienced the Christmas bliss this season. I do not have a roaring fire, and I wish that my two oldest girls would not ooohhh and aahhh so much around their sister and instead just LET HER SLEEP! The good news is, I have chocolate hidden in my room upstairs. And the girls and I made cookies before they got sent to their room for waking up Molly -- again. So perhaps now is a good time to down some cocoa and declare partial bliss better than no bliss!

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Enjoy your Chocolate!!