Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Please Do Not Repeat This To Your Friends!

So today I had to have "the talk" with Emma and Macey. No, we did not have to talk about where Miss Molly came from, we had the talk over how she is fed.

Garry can tell you that I am a complete prude, and so having to use words like breasts, nipples, and the like, well, it's just not my favorite conversation. It's just downright uncomfortable, and I am sure that I did not do it well. They probably did not understand a word inbetween my "uhs" and "wells" and "when you're much, much older"s.

But, there I was, explaining how it all works and why they cannot feed Molly -- only Mama can.

I'm just hoping that they keep this little bit of information to themselves. I told them that we do not go around talking about "nipples", which, of course, was a mistake because now it's taboo and fun and will have to be repeated about 100 times a day. Stephanie, Tara, Kiersten -- if your kids come home from school talking about nipples, you now know where they are getting if from!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the warning :)
Glad all is going well with your new little girl, I know you are happy to finally be home.

Tina said...

Yes, I remember the method in which the new baby was fed was always an interesting topic. I'm even prudier than you and can't use the correct verbage!

Sylvia said...

I believe this subject can up yesterday during Scouts...well not in Scouts but while waiting and we totally could have had this conversation for you and saved you the discomfort.

LeeAnn said...

When I was nursing Aaron, Spencer would get his baby doll and try to feed her. Didn't seem to work out to well for him though.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the heads up of the conversation I will be having in a couple.