Monday, December 22, 2008

Tender Mercies

On Saturday I took my parents to go see The Christmas Carol downtown. How I stressed over this night out!! Should we metro it? But then we'd have to walk from the metro to the theater in the dark. Should we park at the parking garage next to the theater? Then what about the long wait to get the car and the silly inflated costs of parking for two hours. And we had to pick up our tickets early at the ticket office -- what would we do with the rest of the time?

I wanted us to be safe. And hey, I wanted it to be cheap.

That's when the Tender Mercies of the Lord took over.

I found a meter parking spot right outside the door of the theater. RIGHT OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR. In Washington, D.C. It was so fabulous I would have taken a picture if I had my camera.

And then, I looked across the street and saw a Starbucks. Open and warm. The relationship between me and hot chocolate is a close and loving relationship, and sitting down at a table, enjoying a hot chocolate with my parents, admiring the view of my Jeep in its perfect parking spot. . .I was in heaven.

The play was very nice, too.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

You are such an easy to please girl...the cocoa addiction however is starting to worry me :)

Tina said...

Count your blessings! Glad you had a nice time . . . hopefully the day will never come when your girlish figure makes you question that cup of cocoa!