Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Dreaded "In-Between" & Big Surprises

When I was pregnant with Emma, I (stupidly) read somewhere to expect my post-baby body to be similar to my body at about 5 months pregnant. So I (stupidly) packed an outfit I wore when I was five months pregnant. Of course, it did not fit (by a mile) and it was embarrassing to go home in the outfit I wore to the hospital.

When Macey & Molly, I was better prepared. But I hate being in the dreaded "in between" -- not able to wear any of my old clothes and wearing baggy maternity stuff. Not that I could get into any of my old pants but I really CANNOT because of my incision. Why cannot stretchy pants be the fashionable thing right now? Who doesn't like the feel of a nice pair of stretchy pants?

Another surprise of post-pregnancy? The bassinett. How does Molly like her super-sophisticated, full of wonderful buttons and features bassinett? Molly would just like to say, "What bassinett?" Apparently, the ONLY place to sleep at night is on my chest. I guess it was not worth declaring war on Fed Ex. Well, it's still a lovely thing. A lovely empty thing.

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

What!!! YOu mean the "in-betweens" are suppose to go away!?!?! SOmebody obviously forgot to tell me body that little tidbit of information!!