Monday, December 29, 2008

Me v. Them

Today was my first day home alone with the girls. All three of them. Alone. With me. And the girls did not even have preschool. It was just us. All day. Egads.

It has gone alright. I was able to take a shower, a major accomplishment of any mom of a newborn. I had breakfast. And I got all three girls to Molly's doctors appointment ON TIME, yay me. (Molly is doing fabulous and is already over nine pounds!)

All three of us continue to adjust and get a new routine going. A major hurdle that we work on everyday, though, is trying to teach Emma and Macey not to yell while Molly is sleeping. They are girls. They yell. Quite frequently. And Molly refuses to "get used to it" like the rest of us. She's playing hardball and since she yells the loudest, she's winning.

So everyday we talk about not being so loud around Molly. I can tell that part of the lesson is getting through. Today Macey yelled -- just some play scream -- and I gave her "the look" -- the "are you kidding me yelling like that while your baby sister is napping?" look. Macey looked at me and then the stuffed sheep in her arms.

"Momma," Macey said. "The sheep screamed too loud. She needs to be quiet around Molly."

Well, I hoped that the sheep learned her lesson.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Those sheep really are hard to train but I think Emma and Macey can do it :)