Friday, December 19, 2008

The Perfect Storm

A friend of mine has five children (bless her patient heart). She told me that one of the toughest adjustments was going from two kids to three -- you were out of hands and arms. She said that one day all three started crying at the same time, and so she just sat down and cried with them.

Today was my perfect storm.

We were at the mall. Unfortunately, it was the third stop of the day, and my kids had had it. I stopped at the food court to get them something to eat, and all heck broke loose. Molly started screaming and needed to be nursed RIGHT NOW. Emma wanted Sakura (chicken & rice -- a Cunningham favorite) RIGHT NOW and Macey started screaming for chicken nuggets and a toy RIGHT NOW.

Luckily, my parents were with me and so while I fed Molly, my Mom got Emma chicken and rice and my dad got Macey chicken nuggets. How I dread the next perfect storm when I do not have help!! I might have to avoid the food court for a few years. I'll just tell them that it closed down ;)

1 comment:

Tina said...

Phew! Two to three was my breaking point. . . that is why McKay is 6 years younger than my 3rd child. . . You are much much more wise than I was though, you'll make it!:)