Thursday, December 4, 2008

Feeling The Love. . .

My Mom was supposed to be flying in to Reagan tonight for a three week visit. We were excited to go and get Grandma, but right from the beginning of the afternoon, we knew that things were not going to go well. She had to transfer planes in Denver, and they were getting snow. Her flight out of Salt Lake was delayed and she did not make her connection.

Luckily, my sister lives in Denver and my brother-in-law was able to pick her up from the airport and take her home and they will just take her back to the airport tomorrow where she has another flight in the morning.

Unfortunately, she does not have a cell phone and was not able to communicate well with her family today regarding where she was and what was happening with her flight.

My father, prone to worry anyway, was very worried and called me to see if I had heard anything. I had just gotten off of the phone with my sister and knew that my Mom was going to spend the night with them in Denver.

"But isn't the airline responsible for putting her into a hotel?" he asked.

"Well, maybe," I answered, "but I am sure that she would like to see her grandchildren, if only for a few hours." I answered.

"Oh, ya, sure," he said.

Mmmhhhhmmmm....feeling the love, Dad. Feeling the love.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Alicia...I believe we might be sisters or at least half ones because our fathers sound exactly alike :)
Good luck on Grandma getting here safetly...I'm sure she is itching to see those beautiful girls of yours.