Friday, December 12, 2008

Do You Mean It?

Hives update: I have gone from looking like a Botox-gone-bad spokesperson to a battered housewife. Yep, the hives moved up to my right eye. But, I have great hopes that things will be better tomorrow.

So this year Garry and I decided to pool the money that we got from our parents to purchase a beautiful, white, KitchenAid, 275 watt mixer. I foresee making lots of perfect chocolate chip cookies in the future because the only thing that has held me back from making said perfect chocolate chip cookies in the present is the lack of the beautiful mixer. Of course.

Now, the question is, are we done? Is that all that I have to get Garry for Christmas and vice versa? What if one person thinks we are done and the other person goes out and buys gifts and then the other person looks bad? Should we negotiate a price limit? Declare ourselves done? If we declare ourselves done, do we really mean it? I cannot think of anything that I really want -- after all, do I not have an Odyssey with seat warmers? Did I not have a free Botox-like treatment for 24 splendid hours?

The problem is, I like gifts, I really, really like gifts. And if we're done, and we mean it, can I take it like the adult-cookie-making-diva that I am/will be?

3 comments:

Tina said...

ha, ha, those are some of the thoughts that plague me at this time of year also!

Anonymous said...

This happened to us one year for our anniversary. One gift for both, but I went and got him something kind of silly just so he would have something to open and he ended up getting me something really nice. It's a slippery slope. :)

Sylvia said...

When in doubt get something you can both use like...Guitar Hero. That's what I bought "us" this year :)