Thursday, April 8, 2010

#500, Baby

This is my 500th Post! I guess that proves I can truly write about. . . nothing much. . .a lot. But one day I will print off these blog posts and hopefully have a really nice journal for my family.

Here's where we are now:

Garry: He misses his old job. I think he misses his old responsibilities, and he was really good at what he did. On the upside, I think that since his grandmother's health is failing he is relieved to be here and be able to help. And tonight is his debut of being a SOCCER COACH! He's coaching seven little kids.

Then there's me. Still a Republican! Still reading a lot. (Have you checked out my book blog? bloggingonbooks.wordpress.com It's fabulous!) Still dreaming of my Esperanza house. We're supposed to hear from the bank next week, so here's hoping!
My Emma. So smart, so helpful, so genuinely kind. She misses her Pre-K class and riding the bus, but we are lucky that in South Jordan kids have year-round school so she starts in July! I see spending July getting the right backpack, the right clothes, the right pencils. We'll have a great time! Oh, I hope we get a house soon so she can have playdates and ride her little bicycle up and down the block!

Macey Gracey Puddin' Pie: SO SMART. So funny. She really misses school and asked me this week if I thought Ms. Douglas (her Preschool Teacher) would move to Utah. No, Macey, I do not think so. I call her My Politician because she's great with names and makes a new friend wherever she goes.
Molly: My trouble maker. She wants to tackle things too early. This month she has started walking down the stairs going forward. Not on her tummy. Not on her bum. Sixteen months old and WALKING downstairs. It scares me to death. I've taken away her bottle and she is doing better at sleeping through the night but still wakes up occasionally. She LOVES to talk on the phone. Give her a call -- she's a hoot!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Congrats on your 500th post! It was a goodie!

LeeAnn said...

500 posts. Wow! Don't think I'll ever get there!