Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Truth In Advertising



Why, oh why do they put strawberries on the cereal boxes? Don't they know that one morning a mother would be going about her business, trying to get her daughters to eat, finally get them to agree to cereal, and then hear the cries that in their bowl there is, indeed, only cereal and not the yummy strawberries that are advertised on the box? Supermom would keep a stash of emergency strawberries in the fridge. But this morning I was far from Supermom. I was "eat yor cereal and stop your cryin'" Mom.

And just when I was oh so proud of Emma's negotiation skills, she threw me a curveball. After the miniwheats disaster, she decided that she would prefer Jello Salad. Now, I would have also preferred Jello Salad, and, alright, I sneaked a few spoonfuls when I thought the girls were not looking, but I am determined that my girls will eat better than I do. So I told Emma that she could have Jello Salad after she finished her cereal and if I did not scarf it all down first. She said no, no, more cereal. I said yes, yes, more cereal. She said no. I said two more bites and then she could have jello. She responded with, "not two, three." Well, I was disappointed in her counting and negotiation, but did not stop to tell her so. Instead, I simply yelled, "Deal!"

3 comments:

Tina said...

Cute!

Natalie C. said...

LOL!!! :)

The Tbo Fam =) said...

Okay...I had this same "negotiations" with Abigail!!! I can SO relate!!!