Sunday, July 27, 2008

This Early? Really?


So the benefit of having an older sister constantly by her side is that Macey has learned to talk a lot faster than Emma did at her age. But some of the things that are coming out of her mouth I really hoped to not hear for. . . say. . . about another 13 years?


For example, the Battle Over the French Toast. Macey loves French Toast and it is one of the few things that she will happily eat. Until last week. She just did not want French Toast. I think that she wanted Whoppers. I told her absolutely no Whoppers until after she finished breakfast. But there can be no negotiations when she has made up her mind. She stood up on her chair, folded her arms, and yelled, "It's not fair." Then she stamped her foot. Really? At age two?


Among her language abilities, Macey's other talent is smelling out chocolate. Wow. She's good. Last week I had a few M&Ms and then went to go talk to Macey about getting ready for bed. She sniffed the air and then asked, "Momma, you have chocolate?" Wow, I had to give her a few M&Ms as that skill should be rewarded. Today I had a box of Junior Mints on my nightstand (okay, I have a lot of chocolate around the house - - a lot) and Macey came in this morning, sniffed out the box, and asked, "Momma, can I have a chocolate?"


She's amazing.

No comments: