Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Christmas in July

If you were a visitor in my house, you would probably be surprised by how much Garry and I are talking about Christmas -- what the girls need, want, and more importantly, what they do not need. When we planned this baby, I really wanted a holiday baby. It just seemed like the perfect time.

And I got my wish -- my little end of November baby girl. But now the reality is sinking in, and I have to admit that I am worried about how it is all going to happen. When are we going to get a tree? When will we send out Christmas letters and birth announcements? Will I be able to decorate or just be overwhelmed by a newborn and recovering from a c-section? How in the world am I going to be able to still have a Christmas recital for my piano students?

So that's why we are having Christmas in July. . . planning things little by little and trying to remember to enjoy it all! So far, so good. I bought the girls a game already: Lucky Ducky. And my parents have their plane tickets purchased. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

One idea: Instead of "Christmas cards and birth announcements," how about "Christmas card/birth announcements." Two for one!

Tina said...

Another idea . . . how about letting some of it go? You've got a really good excuse, and a lot of things we do just are self-imposed. No one would miss them, except maybe you. Just a thought.