Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Journey To Natural History!











Today the Cunninghams ventured out on a great adventure! We stopped at Dunkin Donuts for some, well, donuts, and headed out to the metro, known lovingly to the girls as the "Choo-choo train". I know that one day I will be talking to a group of adults and I will inadvertently, out of habit, refer to the metro as a "Choo-Choo Train." Hopefully they'll understand. This is my world now, and this is quickly becoming my native language.

We arrived at the Natural History Smithsonian. Macey was instantly scared by the elephant and continued to be a little startled as we saw the dinosaurs and other animals. But she was generally a good trooper. Emma, however, reached a milestone today. Up until today, she has been a happy adventurer on our trips. Today was the first day that she said she did not want to be somewhere and continually asked to go outside. Heaven help us when she learns to use the word "boring" in a sentence. Argh! I am guessing that this will last for the next 14 years. But here are some pictures of our adventure!

1 comment:

Natalie C. said...

Oh I'm so excited that you have a blog! I love keeping in touch with people via blogging. What cute pictures of your girls. We have to get together soon. :)