Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Thoughts On Ultrasounds


The 20 week ultrasound is coming up, and I am getting more tense by the moment. Garry says that he has "resigned" himself to another girl and thinks that it might not be that bad. After all, we have little girls somewhat figured out and heaven knows we have the clothes. But three girls, all teenagers, all at once, wow, the thought of all that crying and moodiness and sulking makes me a little nervous. My own moods seem too much at times, and I just cannot imagine it multiplied three-fold! But, getting ready for the impending news, Garry has even started picking out some girl's names that he likes. And some of them are not that bad.

The silly thing is, I feel responsible. I feel like a wife of Henry the VIII, desperate to conceive a chosen son. I am sure that even if it is a girl, I will get to keep my head. And the silliest thing is that I realize, on a rational level, that I never had control of the situation. But still, what is it about not having something that makes us so desperate to have it?

Here's the eight week ultrasound and the twelve week ultrasound. It's amazing how quickly things develop!






3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Tomorrow! I can't wait. "Just as long as he/she is healthy," right?

Grammy T said...

Well, as you know, when I was pregnant with Jonathan, I not only was not happy about being pregnant again so soon, but although part of me wanted a girl (a big part), since I bought a very cute pink dress to bring Jeremy home in, when he was born it didn't matter, I just loved him because he was mine, and that's how you and Garry will feel also..and for me, I'm loving the girls!

The Tbo Fam =) said...

What's amazing to me are all the ultrasounds you get to have! Me and the military...I got one at 12 week and one at 20 (no fancy 3 or 4D images either)...lucky duck :) Hope you are feeling well!