Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Little Privacy, Please

So if you watch television, especially chick flicks, you will notice that some women like to go to the restroom in packs. This is not something that I have ever bought into.

I do not really care for restrooms. When I was a teenager, I really tried to avoid restrooms altogether. Especially after Junior High when I got hopelessly stuck in a stall and had to crawl out under the door.

When I was in college, I hated buying toilet paper because what if I was coming out of Food 4 Less with a pack of toilet paper and the crush of the moment walked into the store at the same time and saw the toilet paper in my bag! How horrific! And especially embarrassing because of course I was a college student and buying the cheap stuff.

But with pregnancy comes trips to the restroom. It's just a fact of life. I have become quite an expert over restrooms in the Washington, D.C. area. The one at PF Changs is beautiful. Very nice. The one at the Cheesecake Factory, well, I could live in there. Target is so-so. It's clean and functional. The family restroom at the Waldorf Mall makes me so happy I could just cry. The toilets are kid sized and so are the sinks. Glorious! The restroom at the gas station on Interstate 64. Yuck. They kept soap in fry containers. Egads. The one in Toys R Us, well, let's just say I expect better. It's a toy store for KIDS but everything is up high and just difficult. And it's down a sketchy hallway. Not my favorite. And the one in Old Navy -- not a fan. It's hard to find and too close to the dressing room.

So apparently I have overcome my aversions. May all of your restrooms be the appropriate size, clean, and stock yummy smelly soap.

No comments: