Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Best Big Sister Ever

We are slowly starting the process of getting Emma and Macey to share a room. We have moved things around a bit and moved in Macey's mattress to Emma's room, all in preparation of putting in some bunk beds this fall. I was nervous about the move. Emma is a little territorial. She did not even like it when Macey's toys ended up in her room -- she promptly put them back next door. So actually moving in Macey . . . hmmm . . . this could be disastrous!

But I explained to the girls that we were making some changes and then I moved Emma's bed to make room for Macey's mattress. The move was done, and I watched Emma for signs of an up and coming fit. She looked at the changes, then looked at me, and said, "Momma, she needs a pillow."

Emma is not always the best big sister. Yesterday I heard her talking to Macey about playing soccer and trying to talk Macey into being the BALL, but overall, she's fabulous!

2 comments:

Grammy T said...

Awwwwwww, that's so cute - not the part about the ball, but wanting Macey to have a pillow. I think she's great a big sister, too!

Tina said...

How heart warming!!! Sometimes those little ones really surprise us with their generosity!