Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Outings With Braden

Since Braden and I are the only ones home during the day, we take a lot of outings.  We go on a lot of walks.  Target is a familiar haunt.  Barnes & Noble is a favorite, especially if we stop and get a hot chocolate and chocolate mousse.  And we always stop.  Thursdays mean storytime at the library with a jaunt to Cafe Rio to have lunch with Aunt Shelly.  We have a lot of outings.  And apparently they all seem to rotate around food and books.

Last night I was tempted by a Village Inn commercial and the promise of Free Pie Wednesday.  So I told Braden we were going.  He was none too happy because he wanted to stay home, watch Netflix, and eat Chicken Noodle Soup.

But I insisted and off we went!

He ordered his pie from the picture.  So imagine his surprise when he -- my boy who does not like really sweet things -- realized it was lemon.  He was not pleased.

I thought it was pretty good, though!

Braden's lemon face:


No comments: