Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Best Compliment EVER

It has already been established in this blog that I consider my sister to be breathing, walking perfection. Though I love leaving my kids with her I also dread the day when they realize they got jipped by getting me as a Mom and not her. They already make little comments, and so I am pretty sure that soon the gig will be up.

So it was bliss on Monday when I went to her house and she told me that she was talking to my niece (who is in the 9th grade) about the fact that I was having a baby next month.

"But she doesn't even look pregnant!" she said. (Bless her heart, yes I do.)

"I hope that I take after her and not you," she told my sister.

I had to laugh and ask my sister to get her to say it on tape so I can hear that again and again. Soon she will realize what I did a long time ago -- taking after my sister is the best thing that you can hope for.

No comments: