Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So What You're Saying Is. . .

Do not think that it escapes my irony meter that after two years of HATING how small my townhouse was that for the last two and a half months we have been living in much, much, much smaller quarters.

I get it.

And I have often wondered if maybe we have struggled to find a house (we have two offers in to the bank on two different houses. and we might put an offer on ANOTHER house this week. surely something will come through???) so that I will learn to be grateful for what I have.

I am grateful to have my dining room table. I am so glad to have the girls' dressers back. Remember the hotel where we had three drawers? Total. We have really large closets here, which is great. And I have a soaker tub. How fun is that? So I get it. And I'm grateful.

The problem with small spaces is that small messes in small places make big messes. I know that the girls feel like they are constantly cleaning up but I have tried to be more diligent about getting things cleaned up before Garry gets home because the other day he asked me:

"What are you going to do when you have a house to clean?"

In other words, if you can't take care of this place, we're in a world of hurt if we do get a house.

Which is not accurate. Small messes in small places make big messes. If we do get the house I'll have thousands of feet to disperse the mess, and it'll look fabulous everyday.

Well, here's hopin'.

No comments: