Saturday, August 1, 2009

Heartsurge

Having three kids under four is very challenging. I try to take them somewhere everyday, and getting out the door with all three is . . . very challenging. Get dressed, do their hair, brush their teeth, go to the bathroom, grab bottles, do I have diapers? enough wipes? pacifiers? shoes on? please stop crying! Oh, wait, that's me. Making sure that the house is clean in case someone comes to see it while we are gone as I do all of the above is . . . very challenging.

So it is with some relief that during the day I experience heartsurges.

A heartsurge is a moment where I feel such love for my girls I feel ready to burst. And they come at the strangest moments.

Like today. Target. I told the girls that they could pick out a new nail polish color. Emma picked out her favorite color: purple. Macey perused her choices and I heard her say "what color is Momma's? what color?"

Then she picked out bright red -- the color that I am sporting right now.

Heartsurge. I just loved that she wanted her nails to look like mine because I know in a few short years she might not want to do anything like me or with me and will care more about what color her BFF likes at the time. But, for now, for this time, she's mine.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I know exactly how you feel.

Unknown said...

Sweet. I think that is my favorite thing about being a mom, those wonderful moments when you really do feel like your heart will explode with love :)
Oh, and I knew that there was another reason I liked Emma...purple power!