Thursday, December 9, 2010

What Would Help. . .

Today I was suckered into visiting Old Navy because they were advertising a "buy one, get one" sale. Oh, could anything be better?!?

I walked in and found something that I liked. And something that would work with my growing tummy. It took awhile to find these things, and I have to say that Macey and Molly were darn patient considering that this was the fourth stop of the morning and it was only 10:30 am.

But then a crazy thing happened at the check-out counter. The girl said that "clearance items" were not included in the "buy one, get one free" special. Which makes no sense to me. Instead of taking two, regular price things, I was taking one regular price and one clearance. The way I was looking at it, I was saving THEM a bundle.

So after the time it took to give Old Navy my email address, tell them I did not want a credit card, and then discuss the clearance debacle, Molly had managed to knock down not one but two of their manequins.

I know it was my fault; I know I should have been watching her closer. But with Molly there's no "watching". There is merely "trying to contain the tornado that she is". And I know I failed.

But still, dearest Old Navy, what would really help in the future is if you would not ask for my email, not try to sell me a credit card, and appreciate the fact that I was saving the store $$ by including a clearance item in the "buy one, get one" special, see me coming with my cart and my young kids and just check me out and get me out of the door.

Thanks much.

1 comment:

Tina said...

That is soooooo true . . . . you ought to write the company!!