Friday, December 17, 2010

Can A Pair Of Pants Ruin A Whole Day?

Yesterday was horrible, and I think I can blame it on my pants. I'm in an awkward part of the pregnancy -- too big for my regular clothes and not big enough to fill up the dreaded panel. But, I tried a pair of panel pants anyway because I liked the color.

It was awful! I pinned them and they were still too big. I felt like I just sloshed through my day, hiking up my pants every few feet like an old man on a golf course. It did not help that I was at WalMart with two weepy kids (curse you, pillowpets!) and then at IKEA with the same two kids desperately trying to help me at the self-check-out.

So when I got home I declared ENOUGH and changed into an old pair of stretchy pajama bottoms. But, I wanted to clean up before my parents arrived and bent down to pick some things up and

RRRRRIIIIIPPPPPPPP!

Now if that sound doesn't make you feel worse, nothing else will. Everytime I picked something up

RRRRIIIIPPPPPPPP!

By the end of the afternoon, my pants were pretty much shredded. And so was my self-esteem.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Poor Alicia! That's awful. Pregnancy is so not fun!