Thursday, March 4, 2010

There's Big Money In Play Doh


Macey has a ballet recital in June. This week we have to pay for the dreaded, over-priced, wear-it-only-once costume.

Garry told Macey that she would have to get a 'job' to help pay for the dreaded, over-priced, wear-it-only-once costume.
She has thought about this since he mentioned it. It was clearly on her mind a lot because she would tell complete strangers in the store that she was going to be in a dance show but only if she could find some money.

Yesterday while I was taking a shower she brought in can of Play Doh. She told me that she was going to make a cake and sell it for her dance show.

As soon as he got home I told Garry to explain to Macey that her show was paid for and everything was okay. Because I don't think many people want to buy a Play Doh cake.

6 comments:

Tina said...

As your (not yours literally!) kids grow, it is AMAZING what things you say to them that they take to heart. Makes you wonder why they chose that particular thing . . . and discarded other more important ones :)

annie valentine said...

Ack! I remember feeling so guilty when my mom had to pay for dance costumes, talk about a fortune. I'd say it's worth it, but these days I'm not so sure. June's getting her education right now from watching old movies and trying to copy Ann Margaret.

Grammy T said...

I would absolutely buy the cake! And when you see that little angel on stage in that cute little costume, it's one of those "priceless" moments!

Erin said...

LOL!!! She's brilliant.

Jana said...

Cute.

Stephanie said...

Too cute!!