Monday, March 29, 2010

There Are TWO Things Wrong With This

Near South Jordan is a mall, the lovely South Towne mall. We do not go there very often, but when we do we tend to part right smack in the middle of the large parking lot. The other day I spotted a parking space really close to the entrance. Since the wind was blowing and it was raining, I was excited!

I headed toward the prime parking spot and realized that the sign said that the space was for "expectant mothers only". Deep sigh. I could park there, no one would care, they might even think I qalified (I DON'T!) but I just couldn't do it. I went into the other row and started looking for another spot.

Just then a little white car whipped into the spot. It may be petty of me -- but hey, I've never claimed to be anything different -- I watched this person get out of the car.

Not only was she not pregnant, she wasn't a she. I thought of rolling down my window and yelling, "Hey, mister, there's no way you're pregnant! You have the wrong plumbing!" but instead I just went and parked.

I should have left a note.

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Ya, an annonymous note every now and then really hits the spot....well at least the thought of ones does any way.

MissouriMormonMama said...

How infuriating. The nerve of some people! I saw something like that when I was expecting Lori, and wanting the stork parking at the commissary- I wanted to slap that person so badly!

Melissa said...

I would have rolled down the window. Was it a punk teenager?