Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Do That?


I am blessed (and a little cursed) with a brand new Samsung washer. It is a thing of beauty, but I must admit that I prefer my Samsung dryer. It sings a little song when I turn it on and when it is done with a load. Because it is so large, I can do a lot of laundry at once. Which is great! But that means that it is easy to put off laundry and when it's time to put laundry away there's a lot to put away.
I was facing a mountain of laundry this week. I divided it up: mine, Garry's, Molly's and the big girls. I got through the girls, put mine aside for another morning, and set Garry's over to his side of the bed.
At night he came upstairs and looked at his pile.
"What did I do this time?" he asked.
When I asked him what he meant, he said that I always put his laundry away unless I am mad at him. Then I make him do it himself.
He didn't do anything wrong, I was just overwhelmed and all the adults had to fend for themselves. But I think it's funny that I unconsciously do that and even funnier that he noticed a pattern!

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

That is funny! If I did that to Duane he would just find some way to sleep around it until it all ended back up on the floor! Make's me laugh!

Erin said...

Yeah, I'm with LeeAnn. I've tried that and the pile on the floor just gets bigger and bigger. But Jim does do most of the laundry anyway...(rarely gets it put away but everything is folded like at the Gap--okay, not that bad...)