Would you believe me if I told you that we are supposed to buy Esperanza tomorrow? Two weeks ago we hit a hic-up when we had to switch title companies. The paperwork had to start all over again. In addition, the lawyers for the new title company had to look everything over and then the primary bank had to okay everything for the last time. They finally approved the house to be sold and told us we had 48 hours to close. Isn't that nice that Bank of America finally found some urgency?
We might have been able to close tonight, but in true "nothing can ever be easy -- ever" form, we had the cash wired to my Wachovia account for closing. I went to Wells Fargo since they were supposed to be part of each other now and asked for a cashiers check. They could not give me one. They have not "absorbed" Wachovia in Maryland yet. So the money was stuck in a Wachovia account. I could not even wire the money out because all wire requests have to be made in person. The money was stuck.
I had all three kids terrorizing Wells Fargo and I refused to budge until something was worked out because when I had called the 1-800 number and asked if I could get a cashiers check from a Wells Fargo branch they said SURE! After all, they were merged. No problem. Apparently there was a problem.
I had to open an account at Wells Fargo and deposit a check. They agreed to not put a hold on it and I have to hope it clears tonight. Then I can pick up the cashiers check in the morning, a few minutes before we are supposed to close at 10. It took an hour to find a solution and in the meantime my kids devoured 16 free suckers.
Oh, I hope we can close tomorrow! But I would not be surprised if something happens.