Saturday, November 14, 2009

Realizations

This time next week we'll be cleaning, getting ready for the final walk through of the townhouse. Then we'll be in a hotel for 2 1/2 weeks and off we go. This week we might also put in an offer on a short sale and hope for the best. Short sales are funny creatures. You can pull your offer at any time without penalty and there is always a chance you will never hear anything back. So, for the sake of our sanity, I guess we'll submit the offer and then try to forget about it.

Time moves along and this week is going to be a busy one! I think that the saddest realization I have had is that Garry is never going to move back into this house. After his training and graduation, we're going to hit the road and head West! He'll never completely live here again, and that makes me a little sad. As our family grew and grew and grew the space was tight and at times I really hated living in this "box" -- and is there anything worse than being on the first floor and realizing you forgot something on the third floor? But, it was our box, and we had a lot of fun here.

1 comment:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I'm sad everytime I leave a house-even if there are a million things you don't like, that's where you lived and that's where you have so many memories